KORI began as a groundbreaking innovation for motorcyclists, a vision of perfect freedom and uncompromised safety.
Today, we are growing into a brand with genuinely developed products with high Swedish made quality and we have
taken our vision of freedom and safety to meet sports enthusiasts with different specializations that and likeminded needs.

For us it is the feeling and experience of the sport or activity that sets focus on which needs to be solved and how
the products should be designed.

Our first product, KORI-D3O which is a new concept of back protectors that can be transformed into a back pack.
In this blog you will follow our journey and our inspirations.

KORI Encouraging Freedom. Encouraging Safety.
http://www.koriexperience.com/

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

You can not take mobility for granted.


wheelchair after operation use protection

Have you ever thought about the "everyday luxury" and the physical activity to be able to cut your own toenails?

There's a lot of heart in our work with safety equipment, we look at what we do as an opportunity to endorse the human freedom to activate the body and experience the environment, simply giving the soul some “feel good”. This opportunity may appear to be obvious, abstract and fuzzy but the fact is that when it is taken away, this obvious freedom turns to something very real and troubling.
I have had the misfortune to experience a bad hip, not as bad as an injured back, nor so bad that it has not been possible to fix, but bad enough to experience the imprisoned and dependent feeling of having limited mobility, dependent on others and incapable to activate my body and experience adventures and physical challenges.

Some days ago something a bit odd struck methought on the subject, for the first time in six months, since my last operation, I managed to cut my own toenails myself. Previously, due to limited physical capability and pain, I could not reach them and therefore not cut them. Have you ever thought about the physical activity to be able to cut your own toenails yourself is an everyday luxury?

Nah, me neither. At least not before, but some days ago the realization came to me, the feeling of a somebody that sits down on his knees in front of you, takes out a pair of scissors and put it on your toes are not luxurious but rather frightening and inferior.

I am happy that today I can cut my own toenails, I'm happy that I will be fully restored from my injury. But there are other injuries that can change your life drastically, and the back is one of those parts of your body that you are most dependent on, the back is the connection between your brain and your body, it is the spine that makes you wiggle your toes and cut your toenails - an everyday luxury that I hope to have with me the rest of my life.


walking in forest with crutch after injury-use protection